Today has been extremely unlucky, for others, and myself, like a Friday 13th aftershock. I had discovered a bald patch on my dog (Bush), so I took him to the vet to find out that he was developing mange! My dog seems to have picked it up after an encounter with the gang of infested dogs that roam the streets near my house. The vet says he's not allowed to play with any other dogs, and he gave me some ointment to apply twice a day, which should stop the itching and scratching. I wish I had asked for some for myself.
While driving in my brother's car to get some food, I noticed an overturned dump truck, a crashed crane and a bus in a ditch. The dump truck was the most spectacular, since it was fully laden with mud, and it managed to cover most of the motorway with its load, as well as take out a lamppost. By the small number of people milling about at each accident, no one seemed to be severely hurt.
During the drive back the electrics managed to burn out in paranormal, X-files fashion. The headlamps started flashing, the interior lights came on and started flashing, the display on the stereo started to glow really brightly and the windscreen wipers went berserk, like in some alien abduction. Then nothing.
Not only is my car fucked, but my brother's is screwed as well! Argh!
Monday, June 16, 2003
Mange, cranes and automobiles
