Bitten to Death
Mosquitoes are not supposed to be able to bite through clothes! It's not fair! How on earth are we supposed to protect ourselves? When I was younger I never got bitten through my clothes, but all of a sudden they've developed the ability to bite through socks, trousers and T-shirts. As a result I think I've lost several pints of blood since I've moved to Thailand. The little critters are adapting fast, too fast. I can't spray them because I've got a dog in the house and I don't want to poison him, so the only way to kill them is with my bare hands and I seem to be getting pretty good at it. Also, they seem to have developed the ability to bite through the tough skin on the palms of hands and soles of feet, and it's bloody painful when it happens as well. I suppose it isn't too bad; I haven't got dengue or malaria yet.