Things Are Never Straight Forward
I went out and bought Mandrake Linux 9.1 and was going to get down with some dual boot action with XP. Unfortunately, when I had Win2K I changed the hard drive from basic to dynamic without really knowing what I was doing. Anyway, dual boot will not work. Partition Magic won't touch dynamic drives and linux doesn't work with them. So that's spoilt things a bit.
I've decided to go out and buy a new drive, a 80GB+ one, which I'll use on a new system when I have the cash. I've already backed up what I need on from this drive on to a partition so I'll restore everything onto the new drive, which will be used as the master, then wipe the old drive back to basic and use the old drive for linux, which will be the slave. Might be a bit tricky. I just hope my computer can handle 80GB+ drives.
Wednesday, August 20, 2003
