My dog got into another fight yesterday, while I was taking him for a walk around the compound. A dog came over, who used to play with Bush all the time, but this time the other dog attacked. I couldn't pull Bush away. Another dog came over and started to attack Bush aswell. This other dog was the one that attacked Bush before.
Some people managed to chase off the other dogs, and everything seemed ok with Bush. I took him home and hosed him down and checked for any cuts. I didn't notice anything at first because I thought most of the bites were to his head and neck. Then I checked his hind legs and noticed two large cuts near his groin. One of them definitely needing stitches.
Luckily there's an emergency vet nearby, and I took him there to get stitched up. Bush didn't like it at all; he was very frightened. The vet washed the wound out with saline solution and closed the wound up with 3 stitched. Then gave Bush a shot of antibiotics, which seemed to be the most painful part of the whole procedure.
Now Bush has to go around with a cone and he looks thoroughly miserable.
Friday, April 23, 2004
Dog fight 2
