During my entire time on this planet, I've not had a nose bleed, which is quite surprising, really, considering the number of times I've been smacked in the face. So, it came as a bit of a shock when blood started to trickle out of my right nostril while I was applying shaving foam to my chin. Had I been picking it too much?
I managed to stop the bleeding and I thought everything was OK, until that night, when I woke up in the early hours, because my breathing seemed more bubbly than the usual I've got a cold breathing. When I turned on the light, the scene was like something from some cheap and nasty horror flick. Blood was everywhere. It was all over my face, all over the sheets, all over my pillow, and at that point it was dripping down my chest and all over the floor. It was a pretty shocking sight and I wish I had taken a picture.
The bleeding continued on and off for a few days and at one point I thought I had some kind of nasal cancer or my sinuses were hemorrhaging. When I went to the doctor, the first thing they checked me for was Dengi fever! It would have been a cool disease to catch, if I survived of course, but everything checked out alright, as I wasn't hemorrhaging when they blocked the blood flow in my arm for 5 mins. In the end the doctor couldn't think of a reason so they gave me some vitamin C and sent me on my way. How the hell is vit C going to stop my nose bleeds? Anyway, it seems to have worked!
Saturday, January 29, 2005
It's not a tumor.
